FAQ – Next Steps
Sheaves for Christ Next Steps Scholarship Applicant Requirements and Scholarship Availability:
Q: Who can apply for a SFC Next Steps scholarship?
- US or Canadian Citizen
- Under 25 years of age on February 1st.
- Must have participated in an Apostolic Youth Corps trip or a district sponsored missions trip.
- Must have already applied and been accepted to Next Steps.
Q: How many SFC Next Steps scholarships are available?
ANS: This is determined yearly based on Sheaves for Christ offering allocation.
Q: How much are SFC Next Steps scholarships worth?
Sheaves for Christ Next Steps Scholarship Application Deadline and Requirements:
Q: How do I submit my SFC Next Steps scholarship application?
ANS: Beginning 2016 all SFC Next Steps scholarship applications will be submitted online.
Q: What is the SFC Next Steps scholarship application deadline?
ANS: February 1st
Q: What information is required for the SFC Next Steps scholarship application?
- Completed online application form – includes application and attached current photo.
- Two of three reference forms submitted online.
Q: How do I know what my “District” is?
- Your district is usually your state—Arkansas District, Missouri District, etc. However, there are several exceptions—Texas, New York, New Jersey, California, etc. For example, if you live in the state of Texas you can either be part of the Texas District, North Texas District, Texico District, or South Texas District. The state of California can be the Western District or Southern California (So Cal) District. New York State can be New York District or New York Metro District. There are several other exceptions.
- If you are not certain which district your area is considered to be a part of you can ask your pastor, section leader, or district youth president. You can also contact the UPCI headquarters in Weldon Spring, MO at 636-229-7900.
Q: What information is needed for “Scholastic History”?
ANS: List your high school and any college(s) you have attended, GPA, dates attended, date graduated, and degree/diploma received.
New Life Christian School
August 2007-May 2011
May 18, 2011
High School Diploma
Florissant Valley College
August 2012 – May 2014
May 15, 2014
Associates in Biology
Q: What is a GPA?
ANS: GPA—Grade Point Average
Q: How do I find out what my GPA is?
ANS: Your school/college or the institution that processes your homeschool materials should be able to provide you with your official GPA.
Q: What information is needed for “Employment History”?
ANS: Your current or last held job and two previous jobs, dates employed (or approximate dates), whether you were full or part-time, and your job title and job description.
December 2012 – June 2013
Women’s clothing: Stocked shelves, assisted customers, etc. Work register, stock food items, etc.
July 2013 – Present
Filled orders, ran register, stocked supplies, etc.
Q: What if I have never had a job?
ANS: Type “N/A” into the field for “Employment History.”
Sheaves for Christ Next Steps Scholarship Reference Forms Questions:
Q: How many reference forms are required?
- Pastoral Reference Form is required for all applicants.
- Scholastic and/or Employer Reference Form – if possible, include both.
- If you have not held a job, the Employer Reference Form is not required.
Q: If I was homeschooled, who can fill out my Scholastic Reference Form?
ANS: The person that oversees the homeschool process, a Sunday School teacher, music teacher, or other types of teachers are all acceptable references.
Q: Will my application be approved without a reference form?
- The Pastoral Reference Form is required. Your application will be considered incomplete if it is not received by our office.
- One or both the Employer and/or Scholastic Forms are required.
Q: How will my pastor, employer, and school receive reference forms?
ANS: Once you apply for a SFC Scholarship you will receive an email with links to each reference form. It is your responsibility to email the reference forms to your pastor, employer, and/or school.
Q: When do my SFC Next Steps scholarship reference forms need to be submitted?
ANS: At least two of the three reference forms must be submitted no later than February 1st.
SFC Next Steps Scholarship Awards and Payment Information Questions:
Q: How will I know if I am a recipient of a SFC Scholarship?
ANS: The UPCI YM will mail a letter to each applicant informing them whether or not they will receive a SFC Scholarship.
Q: How will Global Missions know that I am a SFC Next Steps Scholarship recipient?
ANS: The UPCI YM will contact Global Missions with a list of SFC scholarship recipients.
Q: When will I receive the SFC Scholarship payment?
ANS: You must submit all payments minus the scholarship amount $1,500 to Global Missions before the scholarship payment will be applied. Payment will be made directly to Global Missions.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How will I know if my SFC application has been received by the UPCI Youth Ministries?
ANS: You will receive an email confirmation once you submit the application online.
Q: How will I know if my reference forms, etc. have been received by UPCI YM?
ANS: The UPCI YM will email you about any missing information and request that you follow-up to ensure its submission to our office.
Q: What can I do if none of the Frequently Asked Questions have answered my question?
ANS: If you have any other questions not explained above, feel free to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.